How To Keep Your Dog Safe In Hot Weather
With the prospect of the current hot weather continuing over the next few days, PLEASE be aware of your dogs wellbeing and follow our quick guide on how to keep your dog safe in hot weather.
Only walk them in the early hours or late evening and certainly not in the middle of the day when the sun is at its strongest and the pavements will be red hot.
- provide plenty of fresh water at ALL times
- do not allow your dog to lie out in the full sun
Some signs of heatstroke are:
- excessive, vigorous panting
- dark red, sticky/tacky gums
Safe cooling methods:
- stand the dog in cool/tepid water
- wipe the dog’s paws, abdomen, armpits and neck with a wet cloth, refresh and repeat.
- use a fan/air con
Any concerns call your veterinary surgeon immediately.
HOW TO FEED RAW FOR BREEDING
We have put together a guide as to what foods to include in her diet during the gestation period and after the birth that can help your dog have a full and healthy litter.
Raw Ingredients Used In Our Raw Meals
We offer a wide choice of meat and fish varieties in our meals, along with fruit and vegetables. Find out more information about the health benefits of these raw ingredients.